Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 1, mid-morning

We've already seen license plates from 10 different states:

1. Pennsylvania
2. New Jersey
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. New York
6. West Virginia
7. Illinois
8. Minnesota
9. Ohio
10. Tennessee

1/5 of the country tackled.

Since I made Derek look silly by mentioning his turnpike directional question, he requested that I mention how I freaked out for 20 minutes about losing my pen. I desperately wanted to write down "Michigan" but couldn't find the same pen light blue pen I had written the other states in. Even though I had another pen in my purse (a different color!), I was so annoyed that I already lost something in the completely packed car. I moved my seat up and down, back and forth trying to find it! Finally, I resorted to using the ugly black pen. Then I found the pen 20 minutes later in my ponytail. Dang. Obviously Derek hadn't looked at me once during that time. Helpful.

Oooo a tunnel! We're holding our breath. Actually, I'm holding my breath, and Derek is holding his breath and singing along with the song like a show off.

Yay, another state. Oooooooklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment